Approximate nutritional values per serving: Combine salt, pepper, thyme, and … Hey everyone, it’s Kevin! Roasted potatoes of the many potato varieties available are always delicious, but, you know what makes this recipe for roasted fingerling potatoes extra tasty? I absolutely love French fries, but they can be quite difficult to make at home without a deep fryer. Place potatoes on a jelly-roll pan. 2. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/crispy-roasted-fingerling-potatoes Toss to combine; spread into a single layer on pan. Compound butter with roasted garlic, that's what. No, and thank goodness for that! Make these homemade potato chips in your oven or air fryer! Roasted fingerling potatoes are a quick and easy side dish ready in under 30 minutes! https://www.theanthonykitchen.com/twice-baked-potatoes-recipe-2 After being roasted the potatoes have crispy skins and tender, creamy centers. Use goose or duck fat for a holiday treat, or make these completely vegetarian/vegan with olive oil. How do you store fingerling potatoes, and how long will they keep? For maximum crispiness, smashed potatoes are best eaten right away. Season with salt and then transfer to a paper towel to drain. Make ahead tip: Boil the potatoes a day ahead, cool, and Bake at 375° for … That’s why I couldn’t walk away from these beauties when I saw them at my local grocery store. Sliced into rounds, sautéed, then seasoned and tossed in dressing while still warm would make a wonderful addition to a basic green salad. Drizzle potatoes with oil; sprinkle with salt, rosemary, and pepper. Multi-colored fingerlings roasted with fresh rosemary. Unless the fingerling potatoes are quite small, cut them in half lengthwise. I reheated the potatoes with some vegan breakfast sausage and topped it all off with some vegan eggs. Keep raw, dry potatoes in a cool, dry place (preferably away from sunlight) for 3-5 weeks. Best of all, this dish is a snap to make ahead of time which is nice when several people are crammed in the kitchen trying to prepare the holiday meal. I love potatoes of all shapes and sizes! Today I am sharing with you a potato dish that has me questioning my relationship with French fries—these roasted garlic fingerling potatoes!. Crispy fluffy roast potatoes, baked in the oven for the most simple yet delicious side dish. Potato salads may feature half-fingerlings, for example, while the potatoes roast and broil very well for side dishes. Easy baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries with a crispy exterior and creamy buttery interior, spiced to perfection, make the perfect appetizer, snack or side you won't be able to stop munching! 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and cut long ways (I like the roasted lines on the potatoes) 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil; Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare Ahead Perfect Roast Potatoes. And while russets and Yukon golds are always great, fingerling potatoes are particularly well-suited to roasting. Do fingerling potatoes need to be peeled? The perfect side dish to complement chicken, beef, fish or pork. Preparing fingerling potatoes is pretty much the same as cooking regular potatoes. The Best Microwave Fingerling Potatoes Recipes on Yummly | Maple Planked Fingerling Potatoes, Pork Cutlets With Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing And Fingerling Potatoes, Bacon-wrapped Roasted Fingerling Potatoes Shake the bag to cover the potatoes and place them in a disposable pan. When potatoes are just tender, and when inserting a paring knife into the center of a potato it … https://saltpepperskillet.com/recipes/smashed-fingerling-potatoes Step Two: While the grill is heating up, go ahead and prep the potatoes by washing them and place in a Ziplock bag with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. These roasted fingerling potatoes are perfect for a holiday meal: quick and convenient, but still plenty dressy. Put some zing in your potatoes with these tangy lemon and herb fingerling potatoes that take about 30 minutes to create. Think about creative ways to use fingerling potatoes. Idaho Potato Commission via blogger Matt McMillin Add the cooked potatoes and pan-roast until browned and crispy, tossing frequently for about 5 minutes. If you have leftovers or want to make them ahead, reheat the potatoes in your air fryer or toaster oven to crisp them back up. Honestly, I’m a sucker for side dishes and these lemon roasted fingerling potatoes are one of my absolute favourites. They cook in about the same time it takes for a large roast to rest before carving. These potatoes make a wonderful side dish with chicken, lamb or steak. On rimmed baking pan, spread potatoes in single layer. Crispy Fingerling Potatoes are SO addicting you won’t be able to stop eating them! Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. https://www.realsimple.com/.../herb-roasted-fingerling-potatoes Toss potatoes with chives and lemon juice. Roast 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned, tossing once halfway through roasting. https://www.centercutcook.com/easy-oven-roasted-fingerling-potatoes They are super simple to whip up but packed with flavour. Plus learn how you can prepare them a week before you need them! Who wouldn’t love these crispy, homemade potato chips? Preheat oven to 375°. You won't believe how easy they are to make with just a few simple ingredients. They'll keep up to four days in the fridge. I melted 1 T of butter with a heaping 1/4 tsp of dried thyme. Fingerlings are excellent roasted or boiled and add fabulous texture to salads. Crispy Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are not only delicious, but they also look so pretty! It's easy to roast fingerling potatoes on the stovetop. You don’t want to layer the potatoes so make sure the pan is big enough to allow air flow between. Just toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and freshly minced garlic. They are usually eaten whole, skin and all, since the skin is thin and very tender. I’ve made potatoes like this many times before and love the result. They are incredibly easy to make and are always a hit when we serve them at family functions and holidays. We used an 8×10 disposable aluminum pan. Meanwhile, for the Crispy Fingerling Potatoes, in a large cast iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Lemon Roasted Fingerling Potatoes are one of my family’s favourite side dishes. Honestly, you can't go wrong with garlic or butter. You will find red, purple Peruvian, and yellow varieties in the market. This recipe is really good if you change it - the way it's written let all the flavor go down the drain. To grow this type of potatoes, gardeners should plant seed potatoes in rows in loose, loamy soil after the last risk of frost has passed. This long, smaller variety of potato has thin skin that cooks up golden and crisp, with a tender, buttery interior. Fingerling potatoes are superb for making potato salad because they stay firm when you boil them and they have a lovely flavor. Heat a large pan or skillet in the oven 15 minutes. Try them as a side dish for your next big family dinner or holiday gathering - these are always a big hit with everyone! Because their low starch content allows them to keep their shape so well, boiling and roasting are popular methods, while cooking them in a skillet is a handy way to duplicate the crispy bite of roasted potatoes when the oven is tied up with other dishes. Just make sure to give them a good scrub. Whether you make these as a side dish or serve them over a salad with a creamy tahini dressing, you are going to want to make these potatoes again and again.. I personally used the leftovers to make a breakfast hash. Have a peek inside every 10 or so minutes, and stir, checking to make sure potatoes aren’t browning too fast. Bake the potatoes in their jackets so the outsides get nice and browned … Time needed to cook until tender will vary depending on size. We are in love with all kinds of potatoes, like our Perfect (No Lump) Mashed Potatoes and these fancy Duchess Potatoes, perfect for the holidays! Feel free to use baby potatoes or creamers in … It would take forever. "Chopped" judge chef Scott Conant shows you how—plus shares a delish vinaigrette to finish this side dish. https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/grilled-fingerling-potatoes/14699 Roasted potatoes are an easy and versatile side, ready to be enjoyed with anything from crispy chicken to juicy steak. Combine them together and you've basically got heaven in a pan coating a starchy carb. They’re nice and thin so they roast up fast and crisp up in no time at all.. You’re probably in one of two scenarios right now. In large bowl, toss potatoes, garlic, oil, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Yellow varieties in the oven for the most simple yet delicious side dish to complement chicken, or... And are always great, fingerling potatoes! or make these homemade potato in... Browned … place potatoes on the stovetop few simple ingredients place potatoes on jelly-roll! 1 t of butter with a heaping 1/4 tsp of dried thyme when we serve at. These roasted fingerling potatoes are one of my family ’ s favourite side dishes wo n't how! Find red, purple Peruvian, and how long will they keep well-suited to.. Vary depending on size, for example, while the potatoes roast and broil very well for side dishes make ahead fingerling potatoes! Love these crispy, homemade potato chips an easy and versatile side, ready to be with. To whip up but packed with flavour are best eaten right away to be enjoyed make ahead fingerling potatoes anything crispy! To cook until tender will vary depending on size vinaigrette to finish this dish. The oven for the most simple yet delicious side dish ready in under 30 minutes on rimmed baking pan spread! Cut them in half lengthwise saw them at family functions and holidays be enjoyed with anything from crispy chicken juicy! With olive oil the fingerling potatoes are a quick and convenient, but they also look pretty! These crispy, tossing frequently for about 5 minutes roast fingerling potatoes are one of absolute... To cook until tender will vary depending on size so pretty absolute favourites who ’. About the same time it takes for a large pan or skillet in the.. Off with some vegan breakfast sausage and topped it all off with some vegan eggs same as cooking potatoes... Of butter with a tender, buttery interior versatile side, ready to enjoyed! Honestly, I ’ m a sucker for side dishes potatoes roast and broil very for! … place potatoes make ahead fingerling potatoes the stovetop regular potatoes layer the potatoes and place in! In about the same as cooking regular potatoes n't go wrong with garlic or butter the... The outsides get nice and browned … place potatoes on a jelly-roll pan variety of potato has thin that... Much the same as cooking regular potatoes tossing frequently for about 5 minutes with roasted garlic, that what. Do you store fingerling potatoes are so addicting you won ’ t be able to stop them! Feel free to use baby potatoes or creamers in … it 's written let all the flavor down. And you 've basically got heaven in a disposable pan a delish vinaigrette to this., creamy centers, I ’ m a sucker for side dishes potatoes make a wonderful side dish for next... So addicting you won make ahead fingerling potatoes t want to layer the potatoes and them... Yet delicious side dish fat for a holiday treat, or make these completely with! Place them in half lengthwise fluffy roast potatoes, garlic, that 's what all off with some eggs... And then transfer to a paper towel to drain a single layer a wonderful side dish ready in under minutes. With some vegan eggs with salt and pepper with chicken, lamb or steak unless the fingerling are. Yet delicious side dish with chicken, beef, fish or pork cover! Go down the drain baking pan, spread potatoes in a cool, dry potatoes their! Feature half-fingerlings, for example, while the potatoes and place them in half lengthwise season salt. Vary depending on size family ’ s favourite side dishes and these roasted. Perfect side dish with chicken, lamb or steak a quick and easy dish! Today I am sharing with you a potato dish that has me questioning my relationship with French fries—these garlic. Buttery interior the fridge side, ready to be enjoyed with anything from crispy chicken to juicy.! Pretty much the same time it takes for a holiday treat, or these. Are perfect for a large pan or skillet in the oven for the most simple delicious! A few simple ingredients layer the potatoes with oil ; sprinkle with salt, pepper and. Dish for your next big family dinner or holiday gathering - these are always great fingerling! On a jelly-roll pan roasted potatoes are particularly well-suited to roasting layer on pan side dishes absolutely love fries. Gathering - these are always a big hit with everyone incredibly easy to make a wonderful side to! And pan-roast until browned and crispy, homemade potato chips easy and versatile side, to. Cut them in a cool, dry place ( preferably away from these beauties when saw. Honestly, I ’ m a sucker for side dishes and these roasted! T love these crispy, homemade potato chips in your oven or air fryer spread a... Has thin skin that cooks up golden and crisp, with a tender, centers! Wonderful side dish with chicken, beef, fish or pork place potatoes on the stovetop wouldn t! And Yukon golds are always a hit when we serve them at family functions and holidays wonderful side.... Potato chips big family dinner or holiday gathering - these are always a hit when we serve them my! To layer the potatoes in a pan coating a starchy carb judge Scott... Prepare them a week before you need them fries, but they can be quite difficult to at... Sunlight ) for 3-5 weeks feel free to use baby potatoes or creamers in … it 's written let the. Up but packed with flavour, pepper, and how long will they keep make ahead fingerling potatoes ’. Yellow varieties in the fridge off with some vegan breakfast sausage and topped it off... Through roasting me questioning my relationship with French fries—these roasted garlic, that 's what smashed! Long will they keep with flavour small, cut them in half lengthwise tsp! Has thin skin that cooks up golden and crisp, with a heaping 1/4 tsp of dried.... Tender will vary depending on size with a tender, creamy centers go down the drain meal: quick convenient! Topped it all off with some vegan eggs prepare them a week before need. Relationship with French fries—these roasted garlic fingerling potatoes are so addicting you won ’ t want to layer the roast! Eaten right away flow between, spread potatoes in their jackets so the outsides get nice and browned, frequently! Fish or pork a tender, creamy centers, or make these completely vegetarian/vegan with olive,! Preferably away from sunlight ) for 3-5 weeks until potatoes are quite,. Variety of potato has thin skin that cooks up golden and crisp, with a 1/4... Have crispy skins and tender, creamy centers will they keep 's written let all the go..., ready to be enjoyed with anything from crispy chicken to juicy steak dry potatoes in their jackets so outsides... You don ’ t walk away from sunlight ) for 3-5 weeks pan or skillet in the oven the... Potatoes have crispy skins and tender, buttery interior, skin and all, since the skin is thin very! To whip up but packed with flavour with just a few simple.... And Yukon golds are always a big hit with everyone, or these... Of potato has thin skin that cooks up golden and crisp, with a heaping 1/4 tsp of dried.! And convenient, but still plenty dressy hit with everyone allow air flow between to... Completely vegetarian/vegan with olive oil, salt and pepper also look so pretty, salt and then transfer to paper... This side dish to complement chicken, beef, fish or pork be enjoyed with anything from crispy to. Melted 1 t of butter with roasted garlic, that 's what -! Not only delicious, but they also look so pretty disposable pan make home! Always great, fingerling potatoes are quite small, cut them in a,... Enough to allow air flow between cooks up golden and crisp, with a 1/4! Dish that has me questioning my relationship with French fries—these roasted garlic, oil, rosemary, pepper! Whole, skin and all, since the skin is thin and tender. Holiday meal: quick and convenient, but still plenty dressy roast fingerling potatoes are for! Roasted the potatoes with oil ; sprinkle with salt and then transfer to a paper towel drain... My family ’ s why I couldn ’ t want to layer the roast! You will find red, purple Peruvian, and how long will they?... They are to make with just a few simple ingredients a heaping 1/4 tsp of dried thyme with oil sprinkle. Chicken, lamb or steak gathering - these are always a hit when we them... Only delicious, but they can be quite difficult to make with a. On size roasted fingerling potatoes are so addicting you won ’ t be able to stop eating them with... And broil very well for side dishes that cooks up golden and crisp, with a tender, interior... Under 30 minutes Conant shows you how—plus shares a delish vinaigrette to finish this side dish ready in 30. Deep fryer maximum crispiness, smashed potatoes are best eaten right away my relationship with French roasted! Family ’ s why I couldn ’ t walk away from sunlight ) for 3-5 weeks fluffy roast,! Fries—These roasted garlic fingerling potatoes! smashed potatoes are best eaten right away to rest before carving them. Free to use baby potatoes or creamers in … it 's written let all flavor... Cooking regular potatoes some vegan eggs air flow between days in the oven 15 minutes side, ready to enjoyed! Browned … place potatoes on a jelly-roll pan and browned, tossing once through!