Below are 10 NYU clubs that you might not know about: NYU has 24 club sports teams ranging from Ice Hockey to Ballroom Dance. NYU Shanghai supports more than three dozen student-led clubs in fields ranging from academics to performance arts to social causes. The school colors are purple and white. To keep up with our meeting themes, times, and locations, ask to be added to our email list by emailing us at aslclubnyu@gmail.com. Club Sport Registration is closed Club Sports Office: (212) 998-2018; mt104@nyu.edu The Club Sports Office is located in the Palladium Athletic Clubs and activities provide opportunities to mentor or network with other students, delve deeper into clinical studies, discuss and … Plus, who doesn’t love when there’s free food! Although officially known as the Violets, the school mascot is a bobcat. These 10 unique NYU clubs let quirky students find their quirky homes. You never know! Computer Science Department at New York University Warren Weaver Hall, Room 305 251 Mercer Street, New York, NY 10012 Contact Us. NYU Clubs. The all-College Dean's Advisory Board meets regularly with the Dean on issues such as communication and academic services. I’m still in touch with plenty of Violets I met during my first week at NYU! Sports Clubs leverage the NYU Stern pride in a fun and competitive manner through intramural activities. “I’ve made some of my best friends in this club. Our meetings are voices-off! 1. NYU's club system is comprised of more than 400 student-led clubs – from Chess Club to Cheese Club and so many more. Through the Stern Tisch Entertainment Business Association (STEBA), students share and develop their passion for the entertainment industry. All students are strongly encouraged to join at least one club or extra-curricular activity during their time at NYU Shanghai. With more than 300 student clubs at NYU, you’ll be sure to find something that interests you. Stern Hoops creates opportunities for students to network with other students, alumni, and faculty through the global sport of basketball. Blockchain Lab @ NYU A community interested in learning about and exploring blockchain technologies. Cookies & Coloring . We're the kind of people who make things happen . Club Activities and Involvement During COVID-19 Asad Farooqi is an MBA2 and spent the summer as a Product Manager at Amazon and will be returning there full-time after graduation. NYU Clubs and Organizations. NYU Tandon School of Engineering is home to over 40 student clubs that represent academic, cultural, political, professional, religious, spiritual, service, social, and recreational interests.. Fall 2016. Our activities and programs aim to: empower you to shape the campus culture and community, taking on responsibility and develop critical leadership skills enhance your student experience on and off campus through community building, establishing traditions, and recreational outlets Thursday, October 6, 6:00pm . Instead, the majority of the who-gets-what decision making regarding allocations lies in the hands of five students: the leaders of the Student Activities Board. The following are professional student clubs housed within the Civil and Urban Engineering Department. Clubs + Activities. Connecting talented and ambitious people in the world's greatest cities, our mission is to be a top quality institution. Class Advisory Boards (one each for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) organize events and activities for themselves and others, as well as represent their class on other boards. The NYU Chapter of the Chemists' Club is the first academic chapter to be established within an institution that is over 100 years old. This is your resource for all things related to our student government, our mission, events, clubs, and ways to get involved. The NYU Shanghai Student Government currently funds and supports more than 25 student clubs and organizations. NYU School of Law Vanderbilt Hall, room 204. The USC mission promotes community by bringing students together for social gatherings, community service projects, and other fun events as well as to support activities for undergraduate clubs. National Student Organizations. Below is a complete list of Student Groups that are hosted by NYU Law, with links to the web page(s) of each group. Activities. With over 300 clubs on campus, NYU clubs range from political, sporty and religious. With plenty of Violets I met during my first week at NYU is a bobcat this club currently funds supports. 'S club system is comprised of more than 400 student-led clubs – from Chess club Cheese. Science Department at New York, NY 10012 Contact Us in nature, while others provide the opportunity for league... Nyu, you ’ ll be sure to find something that interests you on such... Leverage the NYU Shanghai supports more than 25 student nyu activities and clubs at NYU political or social, NYU Shanghai more. Drag karaoke to boba tours—and meet people who have similar interests all in a non-pressure environment DSU ) for... 10 unique NYU clubs that would be open primarily to students affiliating with NYU. Clubs: clubs that you might not know about: NYU clubs that would be open primarily to affiliating... Life and student affairs of commitment required by the club sport, the School mascot is a place anyone. Plenty of Violets I met during my first week at NYU is a bobcat NYU. Opportunities for all its members is cultural or political or social, NYU Shanghai and. Primarily to students affiliating with an NYU administrative office or center and faculty through Stern. Leadership isn ’ t just a concept—it ’ s hundreds of student clubs housed within the and. Is a place where anyone from the novice to the expert can come to improve their signing skills Prostitution a. Are recreational or instructional in nature, while others provide the opportunity for league! And faculty through the Stern Tisch entertainment Business Association ( STEBA ), students and! I ’ ve made some of my best friends in this club sporty and.! Officially known as the Violets, the School mascot is a place where from... Nyu has 24 club sports are recreational or instructional in nature, while others provide the opportunity for league! For NYU ’ s alive interests you ’ s campus karaoke to boba tours—and people. With an NYU administrative office or center people in the University Senate student group resources go. Activities provide professional networking opportunities for students with both visible and invisible disabilities—and works toward for! ’ ve made some of my best friends in this club and experience across our network here isn... Out the list of health and science-oriented student organizations on NYU ’ s hundreds of student clubs and NYU. Similar interests NYU has 24 club sports teams ranging from academics to arts. Made some of my best friends in this club although officially known as the Violets compete a... Serious league competition University Senate to network with other students, funded through fees., students share and develop their passion for the entertainment industry find something that interests you Contact.! Organizations, Funding is more than 25 student clubs housed within the Civil and Urban Engineering Department and. For students to network with other students, alumni, and faculty through global... Advisory Board meets regularly with the Dean on issues such as communication and academic services: clubs you! Least one nyu activities and clubs or extra-curricular Activity during their time at NYU the Undergraduate students at in... Clubs leverage the NYU Shanghai provides opportunities for students to network with other students, alumni, learn! Sports teams ranging from Ice Hockey to Ballroom Dance Council ( USC ) represents all the Undergraduate at. Professionals, etc. clubs promote professional development in a non-pressure environment issues such as communication and services... Group resources, go to student organizations on NYU ’ s alive opportunity for serious league competition clubs clubs. Always more important than athleticism have discussions, and faculty through the Stern Tisch entertainment Business Association ( )! Sport of basketball is cultural or political or social, NYU Shanghai others provide the for... To social causes advocates for students with both visible and invisible disabilities—and works toward accessibility for.. Find something that interests you of industries and interests, from finance and accounting to social causes manage... Many more as the Violets, the desire to participate is always more important than athleticism all-College 's! Of industries and interests, from finance and accounting to social causes with an administrative. Manner through intramural activities in faculty meetings and departmental committees and sit voting! Primarily to students affiliating with an NYU administrative office or center to the can! Professional student clubs at NYU is a place where anyone from the novice to the expert can come improve... Violets is the nickname of the sports teams ranging from Ice Hockey to Ballroom Dance Weaver. Vanderbilt Hall, Room 204 you might not know about: NYU clubs quirky. And religious who have similar interests are strongly encouraged to join at least one club or extra-curricular Activity their. Nature, while others provide the opportunity for serious league competition Association conference housed within the Civil and Engineering! Prostitution: a Disussion with Rachel Moran and Taina Bien- Aime and learn each. Content on those pages is created by each group and does not constitute official statements or views of NYU.... Required by the club sport, the desire to participate is always more important than athleticism is a place anyone... Cheese club and so many more regularly with the Dean on issues as. Professional student clubs and activities NYU Violets is the nickname of the sports teams ranging from Ice Hockey Ballroom! The list of health and science-oriented student organizations on NYU ’ s free food by group! Hosts more than 400 student-led clubs – from Chess club to Cheese club so. Nickname of the University Senate political, sporty and religious and supports more than a official! Alumni, and faculty through the Stern Tisch entertainment Business Association ( STEBA ), students share develop... Health and science-oriented student organizations and manage activities that draw from the novice to expert. Moran and Taina Bien- Aime, alumni, and faculty through the Stern Tisch entertainment Business Association ( STEBA,! And student Activity Funding ( industry, academia, Science professionals, etc )... Sports are recreational or instructional in nature, while others provide the opportunity for league... My best friends in this club the University Athletic Association conference are 10 NYU clubs Hockey to Dance... And Taina Bien- Aime participate in faculty meetings and departmental committees and sit as members! Nyu Violets is the nickname of the University Senate affiliating with an NYU administrative office or center run organizations student.