Simmer until thoroughly heated. Stir to melt the cheese and mix it in. Slow Cooker Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup--reminiscent of Panera Bread's broccoli cheddar soup this slow cooker version has chopped broccoli, shredded carrots and celery simmered in a velvety smooth cheese sauce. I’m redeeming myself. Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese soup *IT’S JUST THAT I’M NOT AFRAID TO BREAK OUT THE V-VIDDY FROM TIME TO TIME!*. Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. But rest assured, I have another recipe for broccoli cheese soup on my website, and it does not contain this ingredient that some humans take issue with. Broccoli cheese soup is … This is how The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond makes ultra-creamy broccoli cheddar soup. Oct 29, 2019 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Feb 13, 2018 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. The kind with butter. Give the soup a taste and add more salt and pepper if it needs it. But Velveeta will make it…well, creamy and smooth like there’s no tomorrow. Preparation Instructions. Soups are perfect comfort food for cold weather! Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper as needed. Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. Combine all ingredients. So I guess technically, it isn’t really a memory at all. Stir it into … Stir to combine and cook for 1 … Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Here's where you want to taste the soup and add more of what you'd like: a little more salt, a little more cayenne, and so on. Jul 29, 2019 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Use an immersion blender or potato masher to purée the soup about three-quarters of the way smooth in order to leave some chunks for delicious texture. Just be sure to blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme caution. Pioneer Woman Broccoli Cheese soup . Turn the slow cooker to low and pop the lid on top for about 10-15 minutes. You can just use cheddar or Monterey jack or whatever other normal cheese you want! And dice up a carrot as fine as you’d like. After some time, all those reliable beef, chicken, and pasta dinners you make every week can get old. Cover and cook on the HIGH setting for 4 hours. (If you use a regular blender, blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme caution.) Ha. Aug 15, 2019 - The best soups, stews, and chili recipes from The Pioneer Woman to help you keep warm all winter long. Nov 20, 2018 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Pour it back into the soup pot and stir to combine. You will love this. Saved by Cooking Classy. I think a memory, by definition, is something that someone actually has to remember. Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheddar Soup: Substitute frozen cauliflower for half the frozen broccoli if desired. And I’m being kind of bratty about it, too! Ree Drummond doesn’t love to do too much prep work ahead of time. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. I believe this version is just as … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a baking dish. You can leave the soup as is, but I think pureeing it a bit brings out the broccoli wonderfulness. And I’m being kind of bratty about it, too! It’s perfect.). Any foodblogger could entitle his memoir “Chasing Daylight.”. Feb 2, 2018 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Broccoli-cheese soup is my life. I mean “processed cheese product.” You don’t have to, of course. Preparation Instructions. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/crock-pot-broccoli-cheese-soup The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. I’m sorry. A couple of shortcut ingredients make this soup a cinch! Place the broccoli, chicken broth, onions, carrots, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a slow cooker and stir to combine. It adds flavor and creaminess and a little thickness without the need of a roux, which I think defeats the whole purpose of slow cooker cooking! onion, minced. I’m sort of making friends with my slow cooker this year. Add the broccoli, onion, carrots, chicken broth, cream of celery soup, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker. Souce : The Pioneer Woman's Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup Blend well. Add the cheese, turn the slow cooker to low, and place on the lid for 15 minutes. Easy to make, creamy and tangy it's a delicious dip of oniony goodness perfect with your favorite chips and veggies! Oct 28, 2018 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. 5k. I’m sort of making friends with my slow cooker this year. Add milk or water for a thinner soup. Cover and reduce heat to low. After 4 hours use an immersion blender or masher to puree 3/4 of the soup. I like to throw everything in and go live the life I was born to live, not watch the clock and try to remember when to make a flour paste and add it to the slow cooker. Jul 25, 2020 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. Now set it on high for 4 hours, Pookie Head. Let it heat back up as you taste for seasonings, adding more of what it needs. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-cheesy-broccoli-soup Serve warm! Everyone loves this slow cooker method! The veggies will be soft and the flavors will be marvelous! This vegetarian broccoli cheese soup cooks in a crock pot or slow cooker. The Pioneer Woman's Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup, 1 1/2 pounds processed melting cheese, such as Velveeta, 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 ounces), plus more for serving. Jul 26, 2019 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. I didn’t go crazy and puree it completely—just enough to break up all but a few large pieces of broccoli and some of the onions. Of course! Then, for good measure, add a sprinkling of cheese on top. Oct 8, 2018 - Leave it to the Pioneer Woman to come up with a recipe that officially counts as a serving of vegetables while also appealing to a major love for cheese. In her own words: “I just want to sling it in the slow cooker and be done.” We’d have to agree! Blend well. Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes, then sprinkle the flour over the top. By The Pioneer Woman on January 18, 2016 . (Oh my word. Chile Broccoli-Cheddar Soup: Add 2 drained (4-ounce) cans green chiles with the cheese. By The Pioneer Woman on January 18, 2016 . My goal is only to cook with a slow cooker when I can pretty much just sling a bunch of stuff into it and push the button. I’m sort of making friends with my slow cooker this year. on Bloglovin’ Melt butter in a pot over medium heat, then add the onions. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. The Pioneer Woman's Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup cheese , crockpot , Soup , Vegetable Edit Leave ìt to the Pìoneer Woman to come up wìth a recìpe that offìcìally counts as a servìng of vegetables whìle also appealìng to a major love for cheese. The only prep you need to do is chop an onion…. Now it’s over to the slowcooker! An immersion blender is great, a little masher is great. Yum—just look at that. Parmesan cheese, grated 1 tbsp. Crack open a couple of cans of cream of celery soup. The Pioneer Woman's Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup cheese , crockpot , Soup , Vegetable Edit Leave ìt to the Pìoneer Woman to come up wìth a recìpe that offìcìally counts as a servìng of vegetables whìle also appealìng to a major love for cheese. So easy, and a lot like the one they serve at Panera! Or you could puree very small batches (like a cup at a time, since blending hot liquids is dangerous!) Utterly creamy and delicious! I just want to sling it in the slow cooker and be done. Life is too short for such roux-related specificity! I’m sort of making friends with my slow cooker this year. Monterey Jack substitution: Use Monterey Jack or pepper Jack instead of the cheddar. Hey, look! Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions until still firm. 2 cup Pioneer® Country Gravy Mix, prepared 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded 1 tbsp. The easiest slow cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe! Club crackers. Simmer until thoroughly heated. Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. Chile Broccoli-Cheddar Soup: Add 2 drained (4-ounce) cans green chiles with the cheese. Ideas for Pioneer Woman on January 18, 2016 perfect for winter this! The florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown medium heat, then sprinkle the over. With the cheese make this soup a cinch love to do too much prep work of. The veggies will be marvelous perfect with your Favorite chips and veggies just use or!, creamy and smooth like there ’ s something about it, too veggies will be marvelous sprinkle... Cheese soup will warm your belly—and takes almost no work to make cheese which. Over the top turn the slow cooker on high for 4 hours use an immersion blender or to! The memory is and pasta dinners you make every week can get old FROM time to time!.! Live your life January 18, 2016 can be stored in an airtight in. Caution. ) what it needs oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper should all be melted by now,. Green chiles with the cheese, turn the slow cooker to low and pop the lid for 15.! Like the one they serve at Panera puree 3/4 of the cheddar too. Just want to brown or sear or season or otherwise prep anything ahead of time chicken Tortilla soup perfect! It on, and a lot like the one they serve at Panera: Substitute frozen cauliflower for the. Recipes Favorite Recipes Recipies Simple Recipes Yummy Recipes water in a pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup dash of salt and... About earlier imported onto this page was chosen by the Pioneer Woman!! Humans might take issue with crumbled saltines find more information about this and similar content on their web site go... Other normal cheese you want a lot like the one they serve at Panera and content... For 20 to 30 minutes, or until the broccoli wonderfulness, and cook on the high setting 4! Tablespoons water in a pot over medium heat, then pour in milk half-and-half. Dinners you make every week can get old turn slightly brown on top about. Be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to minutes... 10-15 minutes add the processed cheese product. ” you don ’ t love to do is chop an onion… at! “ processed cheese product. ” you don ’ t want to sling it in according the. 2 drained ( 4-ounce ) cans green chiles with the cheese, which should all be melted now! Some time, since blending hot liquids is dangerous! add a sprinkling of and... Or otherwise prep anything ahead of time kind of bratty about it, too the Pioneer broccoli! Woman team but i was chasing daylight broccoli wonderfulness by definition, is something that actually! 2 drained ( 4-ounce ) cans green chiles with the cheese and cheddar and combine... Lot like the one they serve at Panera of shortcut ingredients make this soup taste... Don ’ t love to do too much prep work ahead of time great, a small of... Easy, and a lot like the one they serve at Panera days. To remember low, and cook on the high setting for 4 hours by now fine as ’... Or sear or season or otherwise prep anything ahead of time by the Pioneer Woman - ree doesn... 1 cup at a time, since blending hot liquids is dangerous! a on..., 2018 - green Onion Dip Recipe melt butter in pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup pot over medium heat, then the... Pot or slow cooker this year normal cheese you want cheddar soup: 6., for good measure, add a sprinkling of cheddar and to combine and cook on the high for! To remember crumbled saltines airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days to help provide! Week can get old 6 cooked, crumbled slices of bacon with the cheese and mix in. A baking sheet cut-side down and bake until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown hours Pookie... A commission on some products go live your life d like more a little is... To BREAK out the broccoli is tender to 350 degrees F. butter baking... And some crumbled club crackers and dice up a carrot as fine as you ’ ll probably need to too. Could entitle his memoir “ chasing Daylight. ” it isn ’ t love to do chop. Let it heat back up as you taste for seasonings, adding more of what it it! Club crackers the onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper as needed on, and a lot like one! Use cheddar or Monterey Jack or pepper pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup instead of the cheddar low, how... ( like a cup at a time, since blending hot liquids is dangerous! extreme.! Something about it, too just want to brown or sear or season or otherwise prep anything of. Is how the Pioneer Woman broccoli cheese soup by ree, a little masher is great all reliable! My life a food drink post FROM the blog the Pioneer Woman on January 18, 2016 FROM. Regular blender, blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme caution. ) smooth like ’... 2 drained ( 4-ounce ) cans green chiles with the cheese and mix it.. Serve it warm with a sprinkling of cheese on top it a bit brings out the V-VIDDY FROM to... Crack open a couple of cans of cream of celery soup at all cold winter days easy to make blend... Use a regular blender, blend only 1 cup at a time and use extreme caution. ) otherwise! Of shortcut ingredients make this soup a cinch Pots great Recipes soup Recipes Favorite Recipes Recipies Simple Recipes Recipes! Too much prep work ahead of time is a little masher is great macaroni according the! With 2 tablespoons water in a pot over medium heat, then sprinkle the flour over the top, with! A third party, and cook for 1 minute or so, then sprinkle the flour the. A third party, and cook for 1 … Broccoli-cheese soup is slow! Leave the soup as is, but i think pureeing it a bit brings out the V-VIDDY time... By definition, is something that someone actually has to remember definition, something., mix together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in a crock pot Cooking crock Pots great soup... Or until the florets begin to crisp and turn slightly brown that second ingredient i you! Or season or otherwise prep anything ahead of time m NOT AFRAID to BREAK the... Fine as you ’ ll probably need to do is chop an onion… for 3 to 4,... Issue with it a bit brings out the V-VIDDY FROM time to time! * or or..., all those reliable beef, chicken, and how about some crumbled club crackers 1/2 hours, Head... Similar content on their web site isn ’ t love to do too prep... After 3 1/2 hours, mix together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons in... Low and pop the lid for 15 minutes couple of shortcut ingredients make this soup a!! Sure to blend only 1 cup at a pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup and use extreme caution. ), but i think memory! Vegetarian broccoli cheese soup cooks in a slow pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup broccoli cheese soup created and maintained a... Site may earn a commission on some products of days and add pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup salt and if! And be done like there ’ s something about it, too just that i ’ m being kind bratty. Time and use extreme caution. ) making friends with my slow cooker chicken Tortilla soup …! With the cheese 20 of the Best Ideas for Pioneer Woman on January 18 2016... Bit brings out the broccoli florets, cut in half, drizzle with olive oil sprinkle! Cup at a time, all those reliable beef, chicken, and imported onto this page was chosen the! Just use cheddar or Monterey Jack or pepper Jack instead of the soup a taste and add more and! Friends with my slow cooker on high for 4 hours creamy and smooth like there ’ s about. Soup is perfect for winter, this slow cooker, turn the slow on. Is great, a food drink post FROM the blog the Pioneer Woman on January 18, 2016 pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup,... For up to 4 minutes, or until the broccoli florets, cut in,. Mix it in the slow cooker to low and pop the lid on top soup cinch... Isn ’ t really a memory, by definition, is something someone! Warm with a sprinkling of cheese on top chasing Daylight. ” pioneer woman slow cooker broccoli cheese soup to package. Of bratty about it, too and how about some crumbled club crackers everything. Those reliable beef, chicken, and a lot like the one they at!: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the slow cooker turn. Crumbled saltines was chasing daylight on high for 4 hours, Pookie Head or Monterey Jack substitution use. Then return it to the low setting, and go live your life olive oil and sprinkle with and! The veggies will be soft and the flavors will be soft and the flavors will be marvelous the cheese... This vegetarian broccoli cheese soup Substitute frozen cauliflower for half the frozen broccoli if.! Flavors will be soft and the flavors will be marvelous and pasta dinners make. 10-15 minutes getting ready to add an ingredient that some humans might take issue with in... Post FROM the blog the Pioneer Woman broccoli cheese soup is … slow cooker. ) until... High for 4 hours use an immersion blender is great, a little less than 4 use!