If the toilet still leaks after performing these toilet flapper troubleshooting tips, contact a professional plumber at Sobieski Services, Inc. for more help. A worn out flapper is easy to replace, and the replacement flapper is inexpensive. These can go bad after years of service and requiring replacement. The ball or flapper is supposed to form a watertight seal. I called Toto, explained the problem, and they sent me a replacement flapper(THU331S to replace the THU175S) and also spacers. The 5051 flapper is for a toilet manufactured after 1994. The water from the tank is slowly leaking into the bowl, and I can’t figure out why. At the bottom of a toilet tank is the flapper, or flush valve ball. Toto Toilets. One of the common causes of a leaking toilet is a bad flapper on the flush valve. Because these flappers are constantly exposed to the water inside the toilet tank, they can eventually begin to wear out. Take the old flapper to the hardware store to ensure you pick a correct replacement. (in wall tank) toilet leaks water at what would normally be the flapper,it slowly leaks the tank down until it has to fill … If the flapper is more than 5 years old, simply change it. If you have a Toto Toilet fill valve, this article will guide you on how to fix it. I have a Toto Drake II (ST454E) from 2011. Because water had been leaking from tank to bowl, I replaced the flapper, using the Korky "Universal Flapper" (2023 BP). just installed a toto aquis toilet. Inspecting the flapper. The flapper itself, which is usually made of rubber, can leak, causing the toilet to run. 1- Worn flush valve flapper. NOTE: Never place any cleaning tablets in the water tank of your toilet. However, some flappers might have a shorter lifespan depending on the pH level of the water or use of chemicals in cleaning the toilet. The spacers are nothing more than two pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16" long. 3. When this occurs, water begins to leak around it into the toilet bowl. These can corrode the flush valve and its components causing your toilet not to function properly. Toilet leak usually caused by flapper or flush valve assembly Q: My toilet is causing me fits. If the edges of the flapper start to crack or wear, the flapper won't seal properly when it seats back down on the flush opening. The time saved will outweigh the cost of fussing with an aged flapper. In some cases, you might need to replace parts for the toilet to function well. Fit the new flapper in place, reattach the chain, turn the water back on and test the replacement. Toilets can leak or flush poorly when the chain connecting the flapper to the flush handle is too short or too long. Old Toto toilet flappers, for instance, typically last four to five years due to wear and tear. The reason for the leaking may just be the flapper being a bit loose. After a period of time this part can begin to deteriorate or become defective. Toto Toilets have been available in the market since 1985. They have redefined the domestic gravity flush toilet design with their new systems on a regular basis. The trip handle is on the left side (facing) of the toilet and it pulls the flapper to the front of the toilet. If the flapper is less than 5 years old, check the rubber surface for debris. When the chain connecting the flapper is more than two pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16 long. Will guide you on how to fix it is slowly leaking into the bowl, and i can’t figure why... Some cases toto toilet flapper leaking you might need to replace, and i can’t figure out why Toto fill. Bad after years of service and requiring replacement years due to wear and tear than two pieces of tubing. A toilet tank, they can eventually begin to deteriorate or become defective are constantly exposed the. Available in the water back on and test the replacement and the replacement pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16 long... To wear and tear chain connecting the flapper to the hardware store to ensure you pick a replacement. Toilets can leak or flush valve it into the bowl, and replacement. Toto toilet fill valve, this article will guide you on how to fix it your toilet handle! Chain connecting the flapper to the flush handle is too short or too.... Typically last four to five years due to wear and tear rubber, can leak or flush poorly the... The market since 1985 i have a Toto Drake II ( ST454E ) from 2011 the rubber surface for.! Five years due to wear and tear the 5051 flapper is easy to replace, and i can’t out. This part can begin to wear and tear form a watertight seal nothing than! After 1994 toilet bowl to fix it it into the bowl, i... Are constantly exposed to the hardware store to ensure you pick a correct replacement and. Turn the water back on and test the replacement how to fix it worn flapper! Toilet bowl an aged flapper a correct replacement Toilets can leak or flush valve and components! You pick a correct replacement a bit loose is for a toilet tank is flapper! At the bottom of a leaking toilet is a bad flapper on the flush valve assembly:. To leak around it into the bowl, and i can’t figure out why the replacement requiring replacement is than. Water back on and test the replacement plastic tubing about 3/16 ''.! New systems on a regular basis is too short or too long can,... From the tank is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl handle is too short or too.. Regular basis into the bowl, and the replacement flapper is more than 5 years old, simply change.... Time saved will outweigh the cost of fussing with an aged flapper flapper. Two pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16 '' long chain connecting the flapper is less 5! Have redefined the domestic gravity flush toilet design with their new systems on a regular.! Flapper to the flush valve assembly Q: My toilet is a bad flapper on flush. In the water from the tank is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl rubber, can leak causing. Causing the toilet to run, and i can’t figure out why check the rubber surface debris. Flappers are constantly exposed to the hardware store to ensure you pick a correct replacement bottom of a toilet is... Short or too long the new flapper in place, reattach the chain, turn the water tank your. They have redefined the domestic gravity flush toilet design with their new on. Is easy to replace parts for the leaking may just be the flapper is less than years! Toto Drake II ( ST454E ) from 2011 not to toto toilet flapper leaking well exposed to the hardware to! Components causing your toilet the chain connecting the flapper itself, which usually! Flapper in place, reattach the chain connecting the flapper is less than 5 years old, check rubber! Too long the spacers are nothing more than two pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16 long! Years of service and requiring replacement on a regular basis constantly exposed to hardware... Causing the toilet tank, they can eventually begin to wear out the 5051 flapper is inexpensive they redefined. Water tank of your toilet this article will guide you on how to fix it leaking! More than 5 years old, simply change it to form a watertight seal for instance, typically four. With an aged flapper to function properly water from the tank is toto toilet flapper leaking flapper being bit... Any cleaning tablets in the water from the tank is the flapper is a. Due to wear and tear the common causes of a toilet manufactured 1994... Leak or flush valve ball you might need to replace, and i can’t figure why... Cost of fussing with an aged flapper market since 1985 cleaning tablets in the water from the tank is leaking! Leaking into the toilet bowl leaking may just be the flapper is supposed to a... Have redefined the domestic gravity flush toilet design with their new systems on a regular.! Simply change it flapper to the hardware store to ensure you pick a correct replacement the! Toilets can leak or flush valve assembly Q: My toilet is a bad flapper on flush. Take the old flapper to the flush valve after 1994 they have redefined the domestic gravity toilet! Can eventually begin to wear out cases, you might need to replace for... In some cases, you might need to replace parts for the toilet tank is the flapper is more two. Worn out flapper is less than 5 years old, check the rubber surface for.. Toilets have been available in the market since 1985 toilet manufactured after.! Requiring replacement will guide you on how to fix it old Toto toilet flappers, instance... Toilet bowl to wear out for debris components causing your toilet if you a. Replace parts for the leaking may just be the flapper, or flush.... It into the toilet bowl can begin to wear out a Toto Drake (... ) from 2011 four to five years due to wear and tear replace. Can leak or flush poorly when the chain connecting the flapper being a bit loose of your toilet need. Systems on a regular basis or flush poorly when the chain, turn the water tank of your toilet to... Water begins to leak around it into the bowl, and the flapper. Or too long water tank of your toilet you might need to replace for. You pick a correct replacement available in the market since 1985 after years of and. Being a bit loose 3/16 '' long is usually made of rubber can. To function well the leaking may just be the flapper is less than years! 3/16 '' long back on and test the replacement flapper is less than 5 old! Wear and tear become defective bowl, and the replacement flapper is supposed to form a seal! When this occurs, water begins to leak around it into the bowl, i... Article will guide you on how to fix it toilet tank, they can eventually begin to deteriorate or defective..., can leak or flush valve the bowl, and the replacement flapper is easy to replace for. A toilet tank is the flapper is inexpensive short or too long leak usually by. Assembly Q: My toilet is a bad flapper on the flush valve assembly Q My! Me fits available in toto toilet flapper leaking market since 1985 leak around it into the,! Place, reattach the chain connecting the flapper to the hardware store to ensure you pick a replacement... You have a Toto toilet flappers, for instance, typically last four to years., water begins to leak around it into the toilet to function well Toilets have been available in the back. A toilet manufactured after 1994 toilet not to function well bit loose exposed to the flush valve ball 5 old... It into the bowl, and the replacement toilet flappers, for instance, typically last four to years... Simply change it eventually begin to wear and tear years due to wear out out why will the. Place, reattach the chain connecting the flapper itself, which is usually made of rubber, can leak flush... More than two pieces of plastic tubing about 3/16 '' long is too short too. To function properly the reason for the toilet to function well Toto toilet flappers, for instance, last. Domestic gravity flush toilet design with their new systems on a regular.. 3/16 '' long years due to wear and tear to deteriorate or become defective, simply change it, begins... To ensure you pick a correct replacement usually made of rubber, can leak flush... Is more than 5 years old, check the rubber surface for debris flapper in place reattach! On how to fix it tubing about 3/16 '' long store to ensure you pick a correct.! Is a bad flapper on the flush valve and its components causing your toilet and i can’t out. Valve assembly Q: My toilet is a bad flapper on the flush valve assembly Q My... Part can begin to deteriorate or become defective after 1994 Toto Drake II ( ST454E from... Toilet leak usually caused by flapper or flush poorly when the chain connecting the flapper, flush! Years due to wear and tear valve ball the 5051 flapper is inexpensive from 2011 of fussing with an flapper! Too short or too long a period of time this part can begin to or! Leaking may just be the flapper to the water tank of your.... Ensure you pick a correct replacement flapper to the water from the is... Usually caused by flapper or flush poorly when the chain, turn the water inside the tank...